The app is very easy to use.
Here is a 10 minute video that covers everything you need to know. The first 3 minutes show the basic app functions, and the rest goes in to the full detail:
This article shows you how to access the App: https://marksetbot.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/115001382833/en-us?brand_id=114094438773
RECOMMENDATION: If it is your first time using the MSB, setup the MarkSetBot deck on land using a table or something similar. It is ideal to do it outside so that you get a GPS lock. Make sure the motor head and prop are free to spin. You will be able to test all the functions of the app without the risk of running in to things.
If you are looking for a recommendation on waterproof devices, we have found two that work when soaking wet. Most waterproof phones and tablets don't work well when soaking wet (the screen jumps around). These devices allow you to switch to a pen/stylus when it is raining.
IMPORTANT: We have found that the GPS accuracy in devices WITHOUT cellular/SIM built-in is very poor. Not good enough to use in our App because the course is calculated based on your position. If you don't pick one of the devices below, make sure to get something that has cellular/SIM built-in.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active PRO 10.1" | 64GB & LTE (UNLOCKED) Water-Resistant Rugged Tablet, Black – SM-T547UZKAXAA
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 8.0" 16GB, 3GB RAM (WiFi + Cellular) SM-T395, IP68 Water Resistant, 4G LTE Tablet & Phone GSM Unlocked
We have seen an issue with 8.0" version taking on water when it is soaking wet. If you have the budget, we recommend the 10.1" over the 8.0"
For Samsung devices, you will want to tweak the configuration to have the best experience:
- Update the OS to the latest over WiFi
- Disable double tap to wake via Advanced Features > Motion and Gestures > Double Tap to Wake = Off
- Change power button to be on/off instead of Bixby assistant via Advanced Features > Side key > Press and hold = Power off menu
- Disable Lock Screen via Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Type = None
- Disable Google Play updates
- Disable Samsung Store updates by not opening the app
- If using Twilio Super SIMs, setup all the APNs in this article (three of them won't show on your screen after saving but they have actually saved) Super SIM APN Configuration - Twilio
If you have problems with menu names running off the menu in Android (as seen below), it is because of font scaling on your phone. To adjust this, go to Settings > Display > Font size:
Pixel: Second slots works (titled Default)
Samsung: Third slot works