There is no set wind limit or wave height for the Bots. The range of conditions in which they can be used depends largely on a number of factors, the two most prominent of which are wind speed and wave height. We have used Bots successfully in up to 25+ knots of wind and 2 meter waves, but anticipate that Bots could be successful in conditions beyond that range. Additionally, any current in the racing area could either contribute to a longer battery life for the Bots, or shorter, depending on the direction. Wave frequency and steepness also plays a key roll, as very steep waves (potentially breaking surf) could move the Bot more aggressively than long, rolling waves of the same height.
Articles in this section
- What language should I consider adding to the Sailing Instructions?
- Do you ship internationally?
- How fast are the Bots?
- How does the Bot move?
- Have these units been used at major regattas?
- What do you anticipate the annual costs of maintenance being?
- How will owners be able to access upgrades and new parts?
- What is the lifespan of a Bot?
- Is the battery able to be changed on the water?
- What is the battery life like?